DGAP-News: Nemetschek SE / Key word(s): Quarter Results
- Revenue grows by 24.0% to EUR 96.3 million in the first quarter of 2017
- EBITDA increases over-proportionally compared to revenue, reaching EUR 26.3 million (+25.5%)
- EBITDA margin improves further to 27.4%
- Optimistic forecast affirmed for the entire year 2017
Munich, April 28, 2017 - After a successful year 2016, the Nemetschek Group (ISIN DE 0006452907), a leading provider of software solutions for the AEC (Architecture, Engineering, Construction) industry, has made an extremely dynamic start in the new financial year 2017. It was even possible to accelerate the growth course and again increase profitability compared to the same period in the previous year.
"We got the year off to an outstanding start with a smooth continuation of the strong development of the previous year. Our strategic initiatives such as product innovations and stronger internationalization are paying off. We are growing organically in the two-digit range and are additionally strengthening this growth with our acquisitions," comments Patrik Heider, Spokesman and CFOO of the Nemetschek Group.
Major indicators of the Group's success
- Group revenue in the first quarter rose to EUR 96.3 million, a growth of 24.0% compared to the same quarter in the previous year (EUR 77.7 million). Organic growth reached a high 18.3%.
- The Nemetschek Group further reinforced its international alignment. In the first three months of 2017, revenue generated abroad rose by 26.5% to EUR 67.5 million (previous year's period: EUR 53.3 million). Growth regions were primarily North America, Asia and Scandinavia. Thus the non-domestic proportion of Group revenue increased to 70.1% (Q1 2016: 68.7%). In Germany, it was possible to increase revenue by 18.5% to EUR 28.8 million.
- Recurring revenue was subject to a strong rise of 31.5%. It increased to EUR 43.8 million (Q1 2016: EUR 33.3 million) and thus made up approximately 45.4% of total revenue. Revenues from software licenses rose by 20.4% to EUR 48.5 million.
- Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) grew over-proportionally compared to the plus in revenue by 25.5%, rising to EUR 26.3 million (Q1 2016: EUR 21.0 million). Consequently, it was possible to improve the EBITDA margin, which rose to 27.4% from 27.0% in the previous year's period.
- Net income for the year (Group shares) rose by 28.6% to EUR 14.2 million (previous year's period: EUR 11.0 million). Earnings per share increased correspondingly from EUR 0.29 to EUR 0.37.
Accounting ratios show financial strengths and soundness of the Group
Development of the segments
In the Design segment, revenue rose in Q1 by 18.0% to EUR 60.7 million (previous year's period: EUR 51.4 million). Purely organic growth was about 15.4%, without considering dRofus, which was acquired at the beginning of the year (revenue amount EUR 1.3 million in Q1). EBITDA increased over-proportionally compared to revenue growth by 27.7% to EUR 17.2 million (Q1 2016: EUR 13.5 million). The EBITDA margin rose accordingly from 26.1% to 28.3%. The growth is attributable to almost all regions and brands.
Supported by the acquisition of Design Data (revenue amount of EUR 3.1 million in Q1), the Build segment expanded very strongly. Segment revenue increased by 42.9% to EUR 27.9 million (previous year's period: EUR 19.5 million). Revenue rose organically by 26.9% - especially as a result of the brand Bluebeam Software acquired in 2014 and Solibri acquired at the end of 2015. In spite of investments in future growth, EBITDA increased by 26.0% from EUR 5.0 million to EUR 6.3 million, resulting in an EBITDA margin of 22.6% (Q1 2016: 25.6%).
In the Manage segment, it was possible to continue with the favorable growth course of the previous year. With a plus of 20.3%, revenue rose to EUR 1.8 million (previous year: EUR 1.5 million). EBITDA rose by 24.6% to EUR 0.3 million, which corresponds to an EBITDA margin of 14.2% (previous year's period: 13.7%).
In the Media & Entertainment segment, it was possible to increase revenue by 13.2% to EUR 5.9 million (previous year's period: EUR 5.2 million). EBITDA rose by 11.9% to EUR 2.6 million, which corresponds to an EBITDA margin of 44.6% (Q1 2016: 45.1%).
Outlook for the whole of 2017 affirmed
Overview of key figures
The complete three-month report for 2017 is available for download in the Investor Relations section of the company website.
For further information on the company, please contact:
About the Nemetschek Group
|Phone:||+49 (0)89 92 793-0|
|Fax:||+49 (0)89 927 93-5200|
|Listed:||Regulated Market in Frankfurt (Prime Standard); Regulated Unofficial Market in Berlin, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Munich, Stuttgart, Tradegate Exchange|
|End of News||DGAP News Service|