Nemetschek AG / Key word(s): Miscellaneous
- In recognition of contributions made towards furthering the life's work of Konrad Zuse
- Award presented by the Mayor of the City of Hoyerswerda
Munich, November 25, 2013 - Prof. Georg Nemetschek, entrepreneur, civil engineer, founder and majority owner of the Nemetschek Group has been awarded the Konrad Zuse plaque. This plaque is awarded by the City of Hoyerswerda every two years in honor of Konrad Zuse and his work as the inventor of the world's first program-based computing machine. Recognition is given to persons who cultivate and promote the life's work of Konrad Zuse.
The official ceremony led by Mayor Stefan Skora and the entry in the Golden Book of the City of Hoyerswerda took place on Friday, November 22, 2013. This award is presented to Prof. Nemetschek in recognition of his contribution to furthering Konrad Zuse's invention and in recognition of Nemetschek's commitment to junior talent development.
We come full circle:
- Konrad Zuse, civil engineer and inventor of the first functional computer, set the cornerstone for the use of PCs in the construction industry.
- Prof. Georg Nemetschek, civil engineer and pioneer in the development of the first CAD and CAE software solution, establishes benchmarks for optimizing the processes involved in planning, construction and management.
- As a 'visionary and successful entrepreneur in the development of information technology in the construction industry,' Prof. Nemetschek wins the Konrad Zuse medal in 1997.
- The Nemetschek building is constructed at Konrad-Zuse-Platz in Munich and the company moves there in 2001.
- Prof. Nemetschek is recognized with the Konrad Zuse plaque in 2013.
The City of Hoyerswerda has been awarding the Konrad Zuse plaque for twelve years. Prizewinner Prof. Nemetschek finds himself in excellent company. His predecessors include former Federal President of Germany Roman Herzog.
For further information on the company, please contact
About Nemetschek AG
End of Corporate News
25.11.2013 Dissemination of a Corporate News, transmitted by DGAP - a company of EQS Group AG.
The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.
DGAP's Distribution Services include Regulatory Announcements, Financial/Corporate News and Press Releases.
Media archive at www.dgap-medientreff.de and www.dgap.de